ORIENTATION FOR THE APPREHENSION OF ART
It is widely believed, and even more widely propagated by the artists themselves, that there is a basic language through which ART in its many varied forms expresses itself besides conveying the personal credo of its creator. In the Visual Arts [Painting, Sculpture, Print-Making, etc.], this Language is Graphic; in the Literary Arts [Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction], it is Verbal; and in the Performing Arts [Dance, Drama, Music], as the name implies, it is Performance.
Be that as it may, the fact remains that the created artefact does not/cannot offer anything to explain the whys and wherefores through its innate language, and requires the help of the written and spoken word for the exposition of themes chosen by the artists, the materials, methods, and techniques deployed by them, and the underlying philosophy that carries their individual way and view of life. This means that, in the case of Literary Arts, the written and spoken word plays its part twice over.
Through my long experience of having lived in, dealt with, and practised Arts, I am convinced that the aid that the written and spoken word provides in each case goes a long way in deepening what is essentially ‘Aesthetic Appreciation’ that belongs to innumerable art lovers of ‘Artistic Creation’ that is actually indulged in by artists. ‘Aesthetic Appreciation’ means that you have the sensibility to appreciate but not the skill to create. ‘Artistic Creation’ implies that you have the aesthetic sensibility to appreciate as well as the artistic skill to create a work of art. Thus ‘Aesthetic Appreciation’ is conceptual, whereas ‘Artistic Creation’ is practical; the other practical.
- Paintings by Dr SS Bhatti [Part-I]
- Paintings by Dr SS Bhatti [Part-II]
- Paintings by Dr SS Bhatti [Part-III]
- Computer Paintings by Dr SS Bhatti [Part-I]
- Computer Paintings by Dr SS Bhatti [Part-II]
- Computer Paintings by Dr SS Bhatti [A Slideshow]
- Computer Paintings by Dr SS Bhatti - A Montage
- Sketches and Drawings by Dr SS Bhatti: A Slide Show
- Nek Chand's Enchanted Kingdom
- Sketches and Drawings by Dr SS Bhatti - A Montage